Tuesday 2 August 2011

An odd dream

Was with my mother on a bench sitting near Goldsmiths somewhere and was very hung over. Out of the blue a man dressed in a long satin coat and a large satin joker like hat approached us. He appeared a very distinct character with prickly hair face and piercing but sharp blue eyes, he must have been from Eastern Europe. He was not unattractive, although slightly rusky and quite forward talking to be instantly attractive in my current hazy state. He seemed slightly gothic and almost like a thespian in the arts trade. After some conversation, it deliberated that I was going to go with him and see where he lived or hang out. This concept is very odd as we had only just met and my mother was with me. Despite this, I told her that I would return and it seemed fine. We got into a car, a silver one, it was Jono’s same car in fact. Whilst he was driving me to his home we drove through an actual house and I saw the outside of the car in some corridors just wide enough to fit the car. Then I was in the passenger seat and this whole ploy seemed more and more that he was of course very attracted to me. He seemed very hard to read and not easy to have a healthy conversation with, even at some points I did not seem to understand what he was even saying. Although, I was curious to continue with this escapade as it seemed intriguing. At one moment in the car he looked over at me with a certain smile and stare that Jono use to do when we were having a loving moment and I found it quite unnerving. His face at this point was so distinct and real that I will forever be curious as to how I invented him in my dreams. When we got into his house it was much bigger than I anticipated. He was obviously a man of taste and wealth, and then I started to notice that he was a little bit older too, maybe late 20’s. My hazy state had still not dissipated at this point and I was wondering around being nosy. He very casually gave me things as a grand gesture here and there up until this point too and I felt it was incredibly overly generous. Looking round his front room, his house was all open space and full of antiques and beautiful furniture, I noticed that he the rug, the sofas, the cabinets were all from my parents’ house when they lived together. I was shocked and it sunk in after a while that literally everything in this part of the living space had been what I had used as a child. I asked him about it and he seemed again very blaze and almost like he didn’t care, he must have had one particular interest in me besides my curious nature…. At only one point in the house did I find that he really spoke to me and we seemed to find a common ground. I mentioned that I was a little Surrey girl who had come to Goldsmiths some years previous and been in on the access. He returned with an ‘O, God’ and we both laughed together. He was an intelligent man, said he had completed two degrees, hence I found it slightly peculiar when he said he was doing A levels at Goldsmiths in order to do another degree. Plus you cannot even do Al Levels at this university. At one point I noticed he was from Hungary as I saw a Hungary badge hanging off his wall. He again, was very blaze and seemed uninterested to tell me about his heritage at all. Though all the time seemed interested in me, guess just for sex. Thus proved when I sat down on the floor and he sat down slowly getting closer and closer. He gave me another gift, a big black boom box of which I refused and he insisted, though it had no power lead. He got his arm round me and said ‘Let me see your Vagit’. I said no and he said why not? I got up to go and felt bad about the boom box and left it, shame. I told him that’s not what I was looking for and began to leave, thinking maybe I should have just stayed and had some fun. But my mother was waiting for me. I left and walked back to through university campus. God knows how I managed to find my way out of this odd maze. Later, as I was walking up some stairs on the campus toward the bus stop, I bumped into him. I was eager to speak to him as I felt that there was more to the story. He seemed the sort of guy to walk round alone and pride himself in it. He was very blaze with me and said that if I wanted sex I knew where he lived, even though I could not remember at this point, and said that all the other cliquey girls in the uni piss him off. He was obviously insinuating then that I was his sort of ride. He began to walk off swinging some sort of cane back and forth and desperately trying to engage more conversation, I asked what his name was. He replied, looking me right in the eye, ‘Slanders’ and walked off. He could have meant Alexander or something else but I couldn’t really understand and he wasn’t going to hang around to explain.
I then proceeded to make my way home and ended up walking into the old kitchen that I use to live in with my parents years ago. My mother and sister were in there causally cooking food and very happy to see me back. I felt bad as I realised I had left my mother on the bench, though it didn’t seem a problem at all, if anything normal. She was standing by the oven and said that she had made me a special cake and opened to show me. It was a little cake with blue icing, very sweet, not sure if it was wheat free or not. Georgie was making a meal that looked great, I was very hungry. I told them that I had just had the weirdest experience and then woke up.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting document.

    Nothing can detract from the central fact that there are many elements that are necessary to be taken into account in order to provide a full insight of the meaning of your dream. The sexual tension that flows through the text probably indicate that there was more to say, but the author in this occasion did not proceed to explain us deeper details. On the other hand, more controversial is the question whether what would happened if the author’s mum would not be waiting sitting on the bench. In my humble opinion, it is a matter of fact that something else would have occurred between the mysterious sort of guy that walk round alone and pride himself in it and the author, if the figure of her mum was not there. At this point, a further Freudian analysis would add detailed information about the role of the author’s mother in her personal life.

    Overall, this article offers a seductive approach to the author’s deepest desires, although further research in her mind must be done.

    Dr. George

    ReplyDelete